Skip to main content

"Upawas" Smoothie


Today I am sharing one of my all time favourite alternatives to the family-favourite Saboodana Khichadi. As on the days when my family observes fasting, I am somebody who instead of binging on Khichadi or related options, likes to indulge in Fruits and Milk. Basically binging healthy is what I try to do as much as possible! So here we go, this smoothie is one of those experiments for me, that has never gone wrong! So let's roll into it.

To make two servings, You will need:

2 cups of Milk
Slices of a Banana
2 Chikoos roughly diced
Some Almond slivers for garnish

This smoothie gets ready in absolutely no time, as all you have got to do is put everything together in a mixer grinder and blend until it is just well combined and gets smoothie like consistency. (Since we have added Banana slices, there no need to add Sugar.)

Put it in a small little bowl and serve chilled. I am sure, it will be your favourite Upawas 'go-to' as well!






Comments

Unknown said…
Great SD.. healthy and nutritional
My Food Story said…
Thank you.. Do try this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes!

Hi Guys, Welcome to “My Food Story”.. “First blog today! Whoa .. wait a minute! Is it really happening?” I was talking to my inner self while writing this one. Writing a blog is a bit overwhelming for me because it is something that I always wanted to do; but somehow never had that much courage to actually go for it. And today, here I am presenting my very first blog, n that’s a “Dream come true” for me. So, I invite you all to be a part of my journey and lets create some yum n  healthy food memories along the way. Since I have chosen my birthday to publish my first blog, what a better way to celebrate than with baking a cake, right? So the recipe had to be of a cake! Rather cupcakes!  For my special day and the first blog, I thought why not to give my Simple Chocolate Cupcakes a "healthy twist".  So here's the recipe of "Choco Banana Cupcakes" for you. This one is  definitely a show stopper and I hop...

Spiced Guava Sparkle

Hey guys! Writing a blog after long time today and I am so excited to be back! Since it's Summer, I have a super simple summer-party drink recipe to share with you.. and I have named it "Spiced Guava Sparkle!" It's a Non-Alcoholic mocktail made with fruit crush and topped with soda water. Super easy to make with absolute no prep as such but it's so tempting and totally appealing to eyes to rock your summer parties. So here we go! To make this 'Guava Sparkle' you will need: - Guava Crush (I have used Mala's Guava Crush ) - Soda water (Here I have used Sprite! ) - A pinch of Roasted Cumin Powder - A Good pinch of Black Salt - Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - 2 Tsp of Salt - A wedge of Lemon - Some Ice Cubes. - Some fresh Mint Leaves (Optional) And this is how to make it: - First things first! Take the jar/glasses in which you wish to serve this mocktail. Keep it in refrigerator for a while as you start with the prep. - Take a ...

Classic Tomato Soup!

Hey folks, I am sure you will like this nourishing and hearty Tomato Soup recipe and yet it's super easy to whip up. Let's get started. Ingredients  (For 6 wholesome servings) Tomatoes : 1 kg ( Roughly cut)   Onions : 3 Medium sized ( Roughly cut ) Cumin : 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns : 1 tsp Cloves of Garlic : 7 to 8  Dried Red Chillies : 2  Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp (Optional) Some Hot water and Salt for seasoning Procedure: Step 1:  In a pressure cooker, heat some Ghee. I prefer homemade Ghee. Once heated add Cumin, Black Pepper Corns, Dried Red Chillies and Garlic cloves. S auté  for a while. Step 2: Then a dd Onions and Tomatoes & Mix well. Now season it with some Salt and finally add some hot water as we need to pressure cook this mixture of "Tomatoee" goodness. Step 3: With 3 to 4 whistles on a medium-high heat, the Tomato mix must get blanched properly. Once done let it come to room temperature to be able to work upon it further. Step 4: Once cool...