Skip to main content

Classic Tomato Soup!




Hey folks, I am sure you will like this nourishing and hearty Tomato Soup recipe and yet it's super easy to whip up. Let's get started.

Ingredients (For 6 wholesome servings)

Tomatoes: 1 kg (Roughly cut) 

Onions: 3 Medium sized (Roughly cut)

Cumin: 1 tsp

Black Pepper Corns: 1 tsp

Cloves of Garlic: 7 to 8 

Dried Red Chillies: 2 

Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp (Optional)

Some Hot water and Salt for seasoning

Procedure:

Step 1: In a pressure cooker, heat some Ghee. I prefer homemade Ghee. Once heated add Cumin, Black Pepper Corns, Dried Red Chillies and Garlic cloves. Sauté for a while.

Step 2: Then add Onions and Tomatoes & Mix well. Now season it with some Salt and finally add some hot water as we need to pressure cook this mixture of "Tomatoee" goodness.

Step 3: With 3 to 4 whistles on a medium-high heat, the Tomato mix must get blanched properly. Once done let it come to room temperature to be able to work upon it further.

Step 4: Once cooled down, run a hand blender through the Tomato mixture to turn it into smooth Purée. This can be done in a mixer grinder as well but using a blender comes handy and mess-free.

Step 5: Then we need to strain this Puréed mixture through a sieve. This helps get the Classic Tomato Soup consistency.

Step 6: Now just as a final touch, we need to boil it once. For that I added some Ghee in a vessel and added just a tea spoon of Red Chilli Powder for some color and some mild heat.

Step 7: As it boils for a couple of minutes, your Tomato Soup gets ready to serve. Have a taste test so as to check Salt before serving. You may need to add some, if needed. You may top it up with some Cream for garnish but it's completely optional as Onions already make this soup reach and creamy naturally. 

So this was my version of Classic Tomato Soup that I think is worth a try!

It's simple, nourishing and just perfect for the days when I feel like having only such bowl full of dinner. It's the way I like my Tomato Soup. 

Find a quick video below for reference.

Thank you.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiced Guava Sparkle

Hey guys! Writing a blog after long time today and I am so excited to be back! Since it's Summer, I have a super simple summer-party drink recipe to share with you.. and I have named it "Spiced Guava Sparkle!" It's a Non-Alcoholic mocktail made with fruit crush and topped with soda water. Super easy to make with absolute no prep as such but it's so tempting and totally appealing to eyes to rock your summer parties. So here we go! To make this 'Guava Sparkle' you will need: - Guava Crush (I have used Mala's Guava Crush ) - Soda water (Here I have used Sprite! ) - A pinch of Roasted Cumin Powder - A Good pinch of Black Salt - Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - 2 Tsp of Salt - A wedge of Lemon - Some Ice Cubes. - Some fresh Mint Leaves (Optional) And this is how to make it: - First things first! Take the jar/glasses in which you wish to serve this mocktail. Keep it in refrigerator for a while as you start with the prep. - Take a ...

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes!

Hi Guys, Welcome to “My Food Story”.. “First blog today! Whoa .. wait a minute! Is it really happening?” I was talking to my inner self while writing this one. Writing a blog is a bit overwhelming for me because it is something that I always wanted to do; but somehow never had that much courage to actually go for it. And today, here I am presenting my very first blog, n that’s a “Dream come true” for me. So, I invite you all to be a part of my journey and lets create some yum n  healthy food memories along the way. Since I have chosen my birthday to publish my first blog, what a better way to celebrate than with baking a cake, right? So the recipe had to be of a cake! Rather cupcakes!  For my special day and the first blog, I thought why not to give my Simple Chocolate Cupcakes a "healthy twist".  So here's the recipe of "Choco Banana Cupcakes" for you. This one is  definitely a show stopper and I hop...