Skip to main content

Oatmeal Pancakes


Those who know me, know how much obsessed I am with a good filling breakfast. Being my most favorite (and looked forward to!) meal of the day, I like my breakfast to be filling and wholesome and if turned healthy, my day is SORTED! Heh just kidding! But who doesn't like healthy breakfast! Rather I cannot stress enough on it and I think it's not that difficult if we pre-plan a bit.

The Oatmeal Pancakes though, are super friendly as they don't need any sort of pre-planning either. Just whipping up some basic ingredients and in very little time your breakfast is ready.


To make these you will need:
(Here I have given quantities to make just One portion i.e. Two standard size pancakes as shown in the picture. The quantities can be adjusted to make bigger batch.)

- 4 Tbsp of Oatmeal
(For this, you will need to dry roast some Rolled Oats and blend them into a fine powder; I have used Quaker Rolled Oats)
- 2 Tbsp of Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- A pinch of Salt
- 2-3 Chopped Almonds
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- 3-4 Tbsp of Milk
(Milk can be added as per requirement to adjust the consistency)

Procedure:

Just add all the ingredients (except Milk) in a bowl. Start mixing by adding table spoon full of milk at a time. And Once you achieve that semi-thick consistency, spoon half of the mixture onto hot pan (I have used few drops of Ghee to help them cook); just a couple of minutes on each side and the pancakes are ready!

You can get as creative as you wish, in terms of making these pancakes even more healthy. You can add Bananas, Jaggery or even Dates.

Here I have Served them with some freshly diced Mango and Epigamia Greek Yogurt.

As made with Wheat Flour, they won't turn out sparkling shiny as the ones we make with the Plain flour; but let me tell you, they taste nothing less than Delectable and what I adore about these pancakes the most is that they don't send me on a Guilt-trip for rest of the day!

On that note, do try making these for your breakfast tomorrow and do share your Pancake stories with me by commenting below.














Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice and easy..

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes!

Hi Guys, Welcome to “My Food Story”.. “First blog today! Whoa .. wait a minute! Is it really happening?” I was talking to my inner self while writing this one. Writing a blog is a bit overwhelming for me because it is something that I always wanted to do; but somehow never had that much courage to actually go for it. And today, here I am presenting my very first blog, n that’s a “Dream come true” for me. So, I invite you all to be a part of my journey and lets create some yum n  healthy food memories along the way. Since I have chosen my birthday to publish my first blog, what a better way to celebrate than with baking a cake, right? So the recipe had to be of a cake! Rather cupcakes!  For my special day and the first blog, I thought why not to give my Simple Chocolate Cupcakes a "healthy twist".  So here's the recipe of "Choco Banana Cupcakes" for you. This one is  definitely a show stopper and I hop...

Spiced Guava Sparkle

Hey guys! Writing a blog after long time today and I am so excited to be back! Since it's Summer, I have a super simple summer-party drink recipe to share with you.. and I have named it "Spiced Guava Sparkle!" It's a Non-Alcoholic mocktail made with fruit crush and topped with soda water. Super easy to make with absolute no prep as such but it's so tempting and totally appealing to eyes to rock your summer parties. So here we go! To make this 'Guava Sparkle' you will need: - Guava Crush (I have used Mala's Guava Crush ) - Soda water (Here I have used Sprite! ) - A pinch of Roasted Cumin Powder - A Good pinch of Black Salt - Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - 2 Tsp of Salt - A wedge of Lemon - Some Ice Cubes. - Some fresh Mint Leaves (Optional) And this is how to make it: - First things first! Take the jar/glasses in which you wish to serve this mocktail. Keep it in refrigerator for a while as you start with the prep. - Take a ...

Classic Tomato Soup!

Hey folks, I am sure you will like this nourishing and hearty Tomato Soup recipe and yet it's super easy to whip up. Let's get started. Ingredients  (For 6 wholesome servings) Tomatoes : 1 kg ( Roughly cut)   Onions : 3 Medium sized ( Roughly cut ) Cumin : 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns : 1 tsp Cloves of Garlic : 7 to 8  Dried Red Chillies : 2  Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp (Optional) Some Hot water and Salt for seasoning Procedure: Step 1:  In a pressure cooker, heat some Ghee. I prefer homemade Ghee. Once heated add Cumin, Black Pepper Corns, Dried Red Chillies and Garlic cloves. S auté  for a while. Step 2: Then a dd Onions and Tomatoes & Mix well. Now season it with some Salt and finally add some hot water as we need to pressure cook this mixture of "Tomatoee" goodness. Step 3: With 3 to 4 whistles on a medium-high heat, the Tomato mix must get blanched properly. Once done let it come to room temperature to be able to work upon it further. Step 4: Once cool...