Skip to main content

Sitaphal Basundi


Hey you guys, how the Diwali prep is going? By the time this post is out, Diwali must be just around the corner and I am sure we must be getting our homes all decked up and set for all the festivities coming our way. 

A big bunch of friends and relatives coming over, cute little rangoli, hundreds of diyas and guilt-free indulgence is Diwali for me. And this festive season, needless to say, guilt free indulgence is never guilt free! Yess, there is gona be the spread all fried and all sweet, 'cause its Diwali after all ..so why not?

And to add up to exactly that and to jazz up the Diwali dinner a bit (which i feel gets least attended sometimes, amidst making loads of Diwali Faral) I have an absolute stunner, that is my delicious Basundi made with fresh ripen Sitaphal.

With very few ingredients and little bit of your attention and time as it takes, this one is pretty hassle free and simple.

For Sitaphl Basundi, you will require:
Milk 1 litre
Cardamom powder 3-4tsp 
Chopped Nuts (Almonds, Pistachios)
Condensed milk 6-7 tbsp
Sugar 3-4 tbsp
Sitaphal (Custard Apple) pulp 1 cup
Saffron (Optional) for garnish.




-In a heavy bottom pan, take milk and keep stirring occasionally.

-Once its heated well, add Cardamom powder, Almond slivers, and Pistachios. Keep stirring the mixture and When it starts to boil, add condensed milk and sugar.

-Let the mixture boil and stir occasionally until it's half the quantity. With the moderate 
flame, it may take good 15 to 20 mins in a heavy bottom pan.

-Meanwhile you can get ready the Sitaphal pulp. And a simple trick to the same is taking out the sitaphal seeds and pulp onto a sieve placed above a container. Once you start mixing and working the pupl onto the sieve, the pulp will get collected in the container and the seeds and the flesh gets separated on the sieve itself. Easy right?

-Now add the pulp and Sitaphal flesh to the milk mixture and switch off the flame. Here we don't need to cook the Sitaphal pulp with the flame on. Just give it a good mix and your Sitaphal Basundi is ready.

-You can serve it as it is or even refrigerate it for 2-3 hours and then serve for your Diwali Party.

-And yess, garnish with the Saffron strands and chopped Pistachios for pop of color and that delish aftertaste. 

So, this was my Diwali-Party dish this year, let me know how you like the recipe and don't forget to share your diwali party ideas with me. 

Till then, wish you all a very Happy Diwali and a great, healthy new year, may this festival brings into your lives prosperity and contentment.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes!

Hi Guys, Welcome to “My Food Story”.. “First blog today! Whoa .. wait a minute! Is it really happening?” I was talking to my inner self while writing this one. Writing a blog is a bit overwhelming for me because it is something that I always wanted to do; but somehow never had that much courage to actually go for it. And today, here I am presenting my very first blog, n that’s a “Dream come true” for me. So, I invite you all to be a part of my journey and lets create some yum n  healthy food memories along the way. Since I have chosen my birthday to publish my first blog, what a better way to celebrate than with baking a cake, right? So the recipe had to be of a cake! Rather cupcakes!  For my special day and the first blog, I thought why not to give my Simple Chocolate Cupcakes a "healthy twist".  So here's the recipe of "Choco Banana Cupcakes" for you. This one is  definitely a show stopper and I hop...

Spiced Guava Sparkle

Hey guys! Writing a blog after long time today and I am so excited to be back! Since it's Summer, I have a super simple summer-party drink recipe to share with you.. and I have named it "Spiced Guava Sparkle!" It's a Non-Alcoholic mocktail made with fruit crush and topped with soda water. Super easy to make with absolute no prep as such but it's so tempting and totally appealing to eyes to rock your summer parties. So here we go! To make this 'Guava Sparkle' you will need: - Guava Crush (I have used Mala's Guava Crush ) - Soda water (Here I have used Sprite! ) - A pinch of Roasted Cumin Powder - A Good pinch of Black Salt - Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - 2 Tsp of Salt - A wedge of Lemon - Some Ice Cubes. - Some fresh Mint Leaves (Optional) And this is how to make it: - First things first! Take the jar/glasses in which you wish to serve this mocktail. Keep it in refrigerator for a while as you start with the prep. - Take a ...

Classic Tomato Soup!

Hey folks, I am sure you will like this nourishing and hearty Tomato Soup recipe and yet it's super easy to whip up. Let's get started. Ingredients  (For 6 wholesome servings) Tomatoes : 1 kg ( Roughly cut)   Onions : 3 Medium sized ( Roughly cut ) Cumin : 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns : 1 tsp Cloves of Garlic : 7 to 8  Dried Red Chillies : 2  Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp (Optional) Some Hot water and Salt for seasoning Procedure: Step 1:  In a pressure cooker, heat some Ghee. I prefer homemade Ghee. Once heated add Cumin, Black Pepper Corns, Dried Red Chillies and Garlic cloves. S auté  for a while. Step 2: Then a dd Onions and Tomatoes & Mix well. Now season it with some Salt and finally add some hot water as we need to pressure cook this mixture of "Tomatoee" goodness. Step 3: With 3 to 4 whistles on a medium-high heat, the Tomato mix must get blanched properly. Once done let it come to room temperature to be able to work upon it further. Step 4: Once cool...