Skip to main content

Quick Spinach Soup



Being my most loved Green-leafy vegetable, Spinach has always got me thinking about various ways to inculcate it in my daily diet. That's how I got to learn this quick fix from my mother in law recently. The recipe is easy and simple on efforts as well as on time but the outcome is delicious, and healthy of course!
Here it goes:
For this you will need:
Spinach leaves 1 bunch ((Fresh, cleaned and rinsed with water) (serves 4 people)
Garlic Cloves (7-8 Finely chopped)
Green Chillies (1-2 Finely chopped)
Fresh Cream (2-3 Tbsp)
Salt to taste
Black Pepper


1. To blanch Spinach, heat up sufficient amount of water in a vessel and add a pinch of baking soda.
When it starts boiling, add Spinach leaves and let them sit for 2 minutes.

2. Once done, take the leaves out and rinse with cold water so as to stop the cooking process. Transfer them into a mixture jar and grind into a fine puree. Add some water as per requirement.

3. In a pan, heat up some Ghee and add chopped Garlic, Green Chillies and the Spinach puree. Once it starts bubblig up, sprinkle some Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper.

4. Once it comes to a boil, switch the flame off and add Fresh Cream.

And it's done! So while you are at home with your family in this time of social distancing, indulge into healthy soupy bowls like this.

Give it a try and let me know how do you like it in the comments below.

Stay at home. Stay safe!



Comments

Chinmay said…
Woowww 😍😍

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes!

Hi Guys, Welcome to “My Food Story”.. “First blog today! Whoa .. wait a minute! Is it really happening?” I was talking to my inner self while writing this one. Writing a blog is a bit overwhelming for me because it is something that I always wanted to do; but somehow never had that much courage to actually go for it. And today, here I am presenting my very first blog, n that’s a “Dream come true” for me. So, I invite you all to be a part of my journey and lets create some yum n  healthy food memories along the way. Since I have chosen my birthday to publish my first blog, what a better way to celebrate than with baking a cake, right? So the recipe had to be of a cake! Rather cupcakes!  For my special day and the first blog, I thought why not to give my Simple Chocolate Cupcakes a "healthy twist".  So here's the recipe of "Choco Banana Cupcakes" for you. This one is  definitely a show stopper and I hop...

Spiced Guava Sparkle

Hey guys! Writing a blog after long time today and I am so excited to be back! Since it's Summer, I have a super simple summer-party drink recipe to share with you.. and I have named it "Spiced Guava Sparkle!" It's a Non-Alcoholic mocktail made with fruit crush and topped with soda water. Super easy to make with absolute no prep as such but it's so tempting and totally appealing to eyes to rock your summer parties. So here we go! To make this 'Guava Sparkle' you will need: - Guava Crush (I have used Mala's Guava Crush ) - Soda water (Here I have used Sprite! ) - A pinch of Roasted Cumin Powder - A Good pinch of Black Salt - Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - 2 Tsp of Salt - A wedge of Lemon - Some Ice Cubes. - Some fresh Mint Leaves (Optional) And this is how to make it: - First things first! Take the jar/glasses in which you wish to serve this mocktail. Keep it in refrigerator for a while as you start with the prep. - Take a ...

Classic Tomato Soup!

Hey folks, I am sure you will like this nourishing and hearty Tomato Soup recipe and yet it's super easy to whip up. Let's get started. Ingredients  (For 6 wholesome servings) Tomatoes : 1 kg ( Roughly cut)   Onions : 3 Medium sized ( Roughly cut ) Cumin : 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns : 1 tsp Cloves of Garlic : 7 to 8  Dried Red Chillies : 2  Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp (Optional) Some Hot water and Salt for seasoning Procedure: Step 1:  In a pressure cooker, heat some Ghee. I prefer homemade Ghee. Once heated add Cumin, Black Pepper Corns, Dried Red Chillies and Garlic cloves. S auté  for a while. Step 2: Then a dd Onions and Tomatoes & Mix well. Now season it with some Salt and finally add some hot water as we need to pressure cook this mixture of "Tomatoee" goodness. Step 3: With 3 to 4 whistles on a medium-high heat, the Tomato mix must get blanched properly. Once done let it come to room temperature to be able to work upon it further. Step 4: Once cool...